Classes thus far

Contrary to popular belief, studying abroad in Sevilla actually does consist of some studying. While having projects and homework is normally an agonizing experience, in Spain I truly feel like I’m enriching my education. I have five classes here. Elementary Espanol, international finance, international marketing, global economy and my UNE online course, Statistics. Spanish has probably been my favorite simply because I really enjoy learning the language. I anticipate each class as it opens up my world a little more here. Conversations that I’ve wished I could have had in Spanish are now a possibility. Then there’s international finance. I love this class because I love investing and the stock market. This class focuses on those subjects, subjects which will no doubt help me one day (and possibly make me lots and lots of money!!). International marketing is enjoyable mostly because the teacher is one of the funniest men I’ve ever met. Dotting lectures with humor really helps in retaining the knowledge. Global economy is probably the most difficult because we cover a lot each class. Fortunately, the material is all very interesting and relevant to today. I’m glad I have the opportunity to take statistics because it’s one more class out of the way.

These are a few pictures of the campus. It’s not much bigger than UNE’s and the palm trees create a pretty nice atmosphere! Also, I’m not sure why but there is an abundance of cats across the campus…

CIEE and the Universidad Pable de Olavide also offer a number of extracurricular activities. Of course, I go to the gym three days a week following class. In addition, to save time, I complete most of my homework at the large library. The campus is fully equipped with wifi. CIEE offers many opportunities. For example, the writing center offered a free workshop on learning the subjunctive tense. There are many cultural, company and architectural visits. On Sunday, I’m going on another hiking trip!

Also, completely unrelated to classes. But I stumbled upon a massive protest taking place in the middle of Sevilla. I believe it was a protest of Spain’s economic issues.