The Communications Department at UNE expects its majors to meet the following learning outcomes. I demonstrate that I have met these objectives through the various writing and research projects I have undertaken as a major.
Demonstrate oral communication skills expected of a future professional in the field.
- Effectively speak in public settings.
- Apply advance decision-making processes within groups
- Negotiate and collaborate effectively
Demonstrate written communication skills expected of a future professional in the field.
- Write for specific purposes and situations
- Write informatively, persuasively and cleary
Use current technology related to the communication field effectively and ethically.
- Use a range of applications software effectively
- Use communication technology effectively and ethically in a professional setting
- Understand the limitations of technology
Competently employ digital media in professional settings as an effective communication tool.
- Have a working knowledge of media story structure
- Create media content that communicates effectively using a variety of tools
- Contribute to the production of media content by serving in different roles and working effectively in teams.