“We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
University of New England’s 11th Annual Interprofessional Spring Symposium will be held April 4th, 8-4:30 at the Harold Alfond forum on the Biddeford campus. This years’s theme is The Science of Pain and the Art of Healing.
This blog is dedicated to the Art of Healing, and over the next six weeks we will share many different stories of chronic pain in many different mediums.
Be sure to see selections from our Portraits of Pain series “Heal/Tell” at the Biddeford arts organization Engine, at 265 Main Street in downtown Biddeford. The exhibit will open Friday, March 8 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and will run through April 6.
We will feature:
- Students Lindsay St. Louis (Neuroscience),Kristen Brusky (COM) & Tyler Vunk (CAS) (video and narrative)
- Cathy Plourde from Add Verb Productions and Holly Haywood (photographic portraiture and narrative Heal/Tell)
- Chronic Pain Support Group of Southern Maine
- Regina Holiday and Karen Musick (painters)
- Sarah Gorham (painter) and others
- Mike D’Apice a recent graduate of UNE, freelance videographer.
Please follow along!
Learn more about the 11th Annual UNE Interprofessional Spring Symposium: the Science of Pain and the Art of Healing, April 4, 2013, Biddeford Maine.