The Art of Healing

We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to.”
                                                         ― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

University of New England’s 11th Annual Interprofessional Spring Symposium will be held April 4th, 8-4:30 at the Harold Alfond forum on the Biddeford campus.  This years’s theme is The Science of Pain and the Art of Healing.

This blog is dedicated to the Art of Healing, and over the next six weeks we will share many different stories of chronic pain in many different mediums.

Be sure to see selections from our Portraits of Pain series “Heal/Tell” at the Biddeford arts organization Engine, at 265 Main Street in downtown Biddeford.  The exhibit will open Friday, March 8 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and will run through April 6.

We will feature:

Please follow along!

Learn more about the 11th Annual UNE Interprofessional Spring Symposium: the Science of Pain and the Art of Healing, April 4, 2013, Biddeford Maine.

5 Responses to “The Art of Healing”

1. Karen musick says:

since my words failed me in trying to relate my pain to others I turn to PAINting and I’m looking forward to sharing this information with you at the spring symposium thank you .

2. Karen musick says:

sorry I won’t be there March 8 for the art opening but I do look forward to coming to the great northeast to speak on April the fourth during the symposium I hope you come to our breakup group PAINtings

• Kris says:

Karen – We are looking forward to your visit for the Symposium, and thankyou for serving on the Artist panel in the afternoon!

• Kris says:

Karen – We are looking forward to your visit for the Symposium, and thank you for serving on the Artist panel in the afternoon!

3. Karen musick says:

hello all I will not be able to attend the art opening this coming Friday March eighth but I do hope that my paintings will speak to your heart.