Kristin Cattrano

I joined the Perlut lab in the summer of 2011, working as a field technician on grassland bird project.  During this time, I gained many field skills including mist netting and extraction of birds from nets, banding birds, taking morphometric measurements, collecting blood samples, re-sighting previously color banded birds, nest searching by behavioral observation, monitoring of nests, and collecting habitat data.  The experience helped to drive and solidify my passion for wildlife science.

I am also working on a Fall bird migration project, which is a product of the Advanced Field Methods in Avian Ecology and Conservation class.  I looked at how long-distance migrant birds use social information to increase their body condition while at a stopover site. Kristin Cattrano

After graduating with a B.S. in Psychobiology in 2012, I have continued my love of field work and gone on to work with organizations such as North Dakota State University, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.  I remain especially interested in the behavioral aspects of avian ecology and plan on pursuing an advanced degree and conducting my own research in the near future.