Study of Negative Shows Nixon Ghost

October 31, 2010 (Biddeford, ME):  While developing negatives of the UNE History Department faculty, photographer Saul Fotoländer was shocked to discover a ghostly image of what appears to be the late President Richard M. Nixon hovering in larger-than-life form behind the group.

“I was really surprised to see the image,” said Fotoländer.  “It sure wasn’t there when I was taking the photos and it doesn’t show up unless you’re looking at the negative.”

Photo experts are at pains to explain the visage.

“Usually there are obvious signs that a ‘ghost’ is faked,” said Dr. Ivan Tafindcheaters, a photo expert with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.  “In this case, it really seems that the 36th President of the United States is there.  Hovering.  Terrifying.  Waiting to place somebody on an other-worldly enemies list.  I’ve never seen anything like it all my days and I hope that I never do again.”

When asked for comment, the department spokesperson could only say: “It is an honor to know that a former president is taking an interest in our department.  We only wish that he looked happier.”

No curricular revisions are planned as a result of the ghostly visit.

Happy Halloween!