The English major demonstrates his or her ability to communicate effectively. He or she will
- Approach writing as a recursive process
- Develop and support claims about literary texts
- Articulate claims in conceptually coherent essays
- Use conventions of standard written English
- Present research findings orally within the conventions of the discipline
In my coursework, I have developed these skills through a variety of projects. I have selected ?? learning artifacts to show that I have met each of the five components of the Communication learning outcome.
In the paragraph(s) that follow, I will explain why my chosen learning artifacts demonstrate that I have met each of these components.
Note: A particularly productive way to demonstrate growth over time is to compare an artifact from the freshman or sophomore year with one from the junior or senior year and to explain how you believe the pair of texts shows that you are now meeting this learning outcome.