understands and uses a variety of instructional strategies and appropriate technologies. Candidate performance demonstrating the following capabilities informs this standard.
The ability to:
- Choose effective teaching strategies and materials to meet different learning goals and student needs.
- Use multiple teaching and learning strategies to engage students in active learning opportunities and to help students take responsibility for their own learning.
- Monitor and adjust strategies in response to learner feedback.
- Vary her or his role in the instructional process depending on the content, purposes, and student needs.
- Develop a variety of clear, accurate presentations and representations of concepts, using alternative explanations to assist students’ understanding and providing diverse perspectives to encourage critical thinking.
- Employ a wide range of questioning and discussion techniques that elicit responses at a variety of affective and cognitive levels.
- Use educational technology to broaden student knowledge about technology as well as to deliver instruction.
- Encourage all students to use technology and help them to access that technology.
- Provide students with strategies for evaluating the content encountered via technology (i.e., Internet, listservs).