creates and maintains a classroom environment which supports and encourages learning. Candidate performance demonstrating the following capabilities informs this standard.
The ability to:
- Create a comfortable, well-organized physical environment.
- Establish a classroom climate of openness, mutual respect, support, and inquiry.
- Work with students to manage their own behaviors and assume responsibility for their own learning.
- Use principles of effective classroom organization.
- Use a variety of strategies to increase students’ desire and opportunity to learn.
- Create an environment in which students work both cooperatively and independently.