demonstrates the ability to support students’ learning and well being by engaging students, home, school, colleagues, and community. Candidate performance demonstrating the following capabilities informs this standard.
The ability to:
- Advocate for students while respecting their privacy and right to confidentiality.
- Identify strategies to link school, home, and community to enhance student performance and well being.
- Describe ways to proactively develop partnerships with parents and guardians in support of students’ learning and well being.
- Recognize when it is appropriate to consult with other school professionals concerning a student’s learning or health.
- Describe ways to work with community agencies to foster student growth.
- Work with other school personnel, representatives of community agencies, and representatives of other professional and education organizations with the goal of supporting student learning and well being.