plans instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, students, and curriculum goals. Candidate performance demonstrating the following capabilities informs this standard.
The ability to:
- Plan for learning opportunities that recognize and address variation in developmental level, learning styles, performance modes, and individual needs.
- Develop daily, weekly, and long-range lesson plans that are linked to student needs and performance, and adapt them to ensure that the plans capitalize on student progress and motivation.
- Demonstrate originality in lesson development within the parameters of the existing school curriculum.
- Articulate lesson goals and provide educationally and ethically defensible rationales for those goals.
- Plan collaboratively with colleagues on curriculum goals and frameworks both for the classroom and for schools.