The English major demonstrates his or her ability to Conduct research in literary and cultural studies. He or she will
- Use bibliographic tools to find source material
- Employ appropriate critical approaches in their research
- Contribute to scholarly conversations about literary and cultural texts and phenomena
- Incorporate and document source material using MLA style
- Communicate in accordance with standards of academic integrity
In my coursework, I have developed these skills through a variety of projects. I have selected X learning artifacts to show that I have met each of the five components of the Research learning outcome.
Here I will explain why my chosen learning artifacts demonstrate that I have met each of these components.
A particularly productive way to demonstrate growth over time is to compare an artifact from the freshman or sophomore year with one from the junior or senior year and to explain how you believe the pair of texts shows that you are now meeting this learning outcome.