Societies of the Future.
This course offers a look at the scope of the SciFi genre from the position of a Sociological study. Students are expected to write papers on the outcome of a Film’s plot, and the societal situation that was found in the film.
- Paper One – Social Assessment of Cinema covers four movies of our choice and how they impact society both in the film, and as a exercise in the plausibility of the movies society becoming a true thing in the future.
- Social Assessment: Things to Come.
- .Social Assessment: The Day the Earth Stood Still.
- Social Assessment: Gattaca.
- Social Assessment: Final Paper: Deus Ex.