Cross Cultural Health Initiatives Ghana continues to be a rich experience for students, faculty and outside participants. We have seen over 150 patients in the urban Sekondi clinic and in the rural village of Mpinsin. Some of the other activities have included
- Community Health Education Sekondi, Mpinsn
- Direct care
- Visit to local hospital
- Evening Lecture Series
- Otelia Bensah-Nutrition in Ghana
- Kobina Esia Donkah, PhD (Cultural Anthropologist) Traditional Practices and Healng
- Visit to local high school (Kristin Provencher , MPH ’13, Lauren Hurley, Social Relations ’12, Laura Seifert, MPH ’13)
- Visit to Social Welfare Offce (Janie Watson MSW ’12, Lauren Hurley, Sam Hynes, MSW ’13).
- Visit to Shama Distrct Health Centre for research related focus groups (Carlne Jarolimek, Nsg ’12, Emly Farnham Nsg ’12).
- Shopping in Takoradi and Sekondi for artisan crafts of the region.
Looking forward to the rest of the week and sharing more with the UNE community.
- Jennifer L. Morton