The North Won!

Ashley Green, Biochemistry 2015

It’s hard to believe that the John Haley’s Civil War museum exhibit is complete. It’s even more difficult to comprehend that a team of undergrad students, with excellent guidance, managed to pull it off. As far as I know, there weren’t any major snafus and I couldn’t find a single thing wrong with anything. That may be just the excitement and relief of being done talking but with the museum full of admiring eyes it sure felt pretty awesome.

Even as a part of the team creating this exhibition, there were still a couple surprises. I found the inscribed copy of Uncle Tom’s Cabin to be a very cool addition. The ambrotype frame interactive was exquisite and created some cute memories. I hope that everyone gets a chance to visit and leaves with a better understanding of just how much Maine contributed to the resolution of one of the most tumultuous times in American history. I left with spray glue in my arm hair and paint on my favorite jeans. And of course, with the pride of what a lot of hard work accomplishes.