DQ3 -Kadish

1. What’s the effect of calling Galai by his first name? What’s the tone of the piece and how does it color or influence readers’ perceptions of its intellectual point or purpose?
  2. National Geographic was the only publication that paid Galai to use his image. What was the theme of their special issue, and what point his Kadish making by telling readers about it?
  3. How does the meaning of the image change with context? Which context does Kadish think is most significant? Galai himself? This question requires that you think about how Kadish structures the essay as much as what she says.
  4. How has Galai responded to the various uses of his image? Would you respond similarly? Why?
  5. Kadish’s response is more ambivalent than her cousin’s. What does the phenomenon mean to her? Which of her interpretations is more like your own?

14 thoughts on “DQ3 -Kadish

1. 1. By calling Galai by his first name, Noam, Kadish had the effect of humanizing him. It made him more relatable to the reader. Kadish has an ambivalent tone to her essay. She is happy that the exposure of his work has made him a little less shy, but I don’t think she likes the fact that people just took his work and remade it to reflect a different meaning. I also don’t think she agrees with Iranian’s using it for protesting. It makes readers analyze the image and its uses more and urges them to develop their own ideas on whether or not other’s use of the image is acceptable or not.

2. The theme of the “National Geographic” issue was “power to the people.” Kadish’s point in telling readers about this is to show that his picture was professionally used and not just stolen by viewers online. It shows that people from all different areas ranging from Iranian protesters to professional magazines found some sort of meaning in Galai’s work.

3. The meaning of the image changes with context because various people from various cultures interpreted the image differently. Kadish thinks that the protester’s use of the image was most significant because she dedicated a large portion of the essay to describe it. Galai simply enjoyed the fact that people drew meaning from his work. He enjoyed how different people interpreted it. As Kadish mentioned, he even made a Facebook page dedicated to showing how people used his image to create a new image of their own.

4. For the most part, Galai loves how people used his image. He enjoys the different ways in which people interpret his art and use it to influence their art. I would respond similarly. I think I would upset if people were using my image to make a profit without offering me a portion of it, but, other than that, I would like people using my work. Art is meant to influence others. If you don’t share it, what is the point in creating it? If I were in Galai’s position, I would take pride in knowing that my art is being used to its full potential.

5. To Kadish, the phenomenon is a way for her cousin to communicate with the world since he is so shy. She enjoys the fact that he has come out of his shell a little to share more of his work and take himself seriously as an artist. I think her description of Galai’s interpretation is more like my own. He liked how people interpreted his art and used it in various ways and so do I.

2. 1. By calling Galai by his first name, he is made more personable. The reader is able to relate to him easily. The tone of this piece is reflective. It makes the reader think about how Noam grew up and how his personality shaped his reactions to his work being shared and used around the world. It makes the reader care about Noam and how he feels about the fame of his work and how it is being used.
    2. The theme of their issue was “power to the people.” This foreshadows the widespread use of his photo for rebellions and uprisings. It also shows how popular magazines to small revolts around the world found a use and meaning that made a difference for their arguments.
    3. The meaning of the image changes depending on the context. This shows that everyone that used the image found a different meaning from the image. Kadish spends most of the time talking about how protesters use the image to their advantage and help them promote their argument. Galai found pure enjoyment from seeing how everyone used his photo. He created a facebook page dedicated to the different ways he found his photo being used.
    4. Galai specifically responded to one use of his photo with “Its me, It’s cool. I’ll be happy to see more of what you do.” This proves that he really has no aversion to other people using his photo. He likes to see how people interpret it. I would not be reacting the same way. I would want recognition and to give permission for my photos.
    5. Kadish’s response to the phenomenon means that Galai has found a way to communicate with the world and have a voice. He has made a big improvement from the way he was when he was a child and it is thanks to the spread of this photo. She also has certain reservations about his photo being shared and him not getting any recognition for his work. I feel the same way, I feel that he should be receiving recognition for the work that has changed lives in a way.

3. 1. Kadish calls Galai by his first name, Noam, because it personifies him and emphasizes that he is a real person. This makes the reader easily relate to him because he is portrayed as a normal everyday person. The tone of the piece is narrative. Kadish tells about how her cousin grew up and talks about his shy personality. Then she tells the story of how a picture of his face had gone international without his permission. It influences readers’ perceptions of its intellectual point because she knows him so well and can combine background knowledge about him with her views about the way the image is used.
    2. National Geographic used the photo on a special image they printed before the U.S. elections. The theme of the issue was power to the people and his face was perfect for it because he is screaming. The American people might have felt like they were screaming and were not being heard by anyone in the government so the image is a strong symbol that power should be with the people and they should not have to scream for what they want. The point Kadish is making by telling readers about it is that Noam’s face was used internationally and nobody had even paid him or asked him if they could use it. Only one magazine had paid him which shows how his privacy was invaded because his face was being put everywhere without his permission.
    3. The meaning of the image changes with context. It can be interpreted and used for many different things. It has been used for rock-concert posters, graffiti, playing cards, and skateboards. Kadish thinks the most significant context was that his face was graffitied on walls in Iran as an antigovernment protest. They use the face as a symbol for suffering and rage. What angers Kadish is that the Iranian protest movement is using the face of an Israeli. Galai is just happy that people have found use and meaning for his photo and is not mad about the protesting like Kadish is.
    4. Galai’s response was an awed fascination. He liked seeing how people used the portrait and even posted an album on Facebook that had images from all over the world of his face. I would respond similarly and be happy that my art was being used around the world, but I would want credit for my art and would want people to use it only if I gave them permission.
    5. To Kadish, the phenomenon means that her cousin has gained a voice through his image, since he was always too shy to have one. She is ambivalent about people using the face for protesting but overall has seen it do good for her cousin. He takes it as a compliment when other people use his photo and he has enjoyed seeing what people do with it. Her interpretation is more like my own, that it is good that he has been able to reach out to the world with his photography, but remain anonymous since he is so shy.

4. 1. The effect of calling Galai by his first name, Noam, pulls the readers in by making this narrative story more meaningful and amicable – the readers are more able to connect to the characters in the reading this way and are more able to make connections with his feelings and relate to what the character is going through. The tone of this piece is strong in the sense of shock and dismay. It influences the reader’s perceptions of its purpose by giving background about Galai’s life and talking about the irony of how he is such a shy person and he happened to take a picture of himself and it was displayed worldwide because many people found his picture really powerful. This piece is a perfect example of how quickly and far things that you post on the internet spread. Even though many people are aware of this, it was still shocking to read this piece about how someone’s photograph is being used worldwide even without his permission or knowledge.

2. National Geographic was the only publication that paid Galai to use his photograph. The theme of their special issue was “power to the people” which was printed before the U.S. elections. The point that Kadish was making by bringing this up was that people and companies were stealing Galai’s picture without his knowledge or permission which is something that is not even allowed. National Geographic was the only company that understood that this was a picture of someone’s face and it would be the right thing to do to ask that person if they wanted their face published in a magazine all over the country.

3. The meaning of this image changes with context because many different companies and people used Galai’s picture for many different things like rock concerts, graffiti, playing cards, skateboards, carved into halloween pumpkins, political movements, etc. If you place pictures in different contexts, the same picture can be used for many different things. The context that Kadish felt was most significant was, the anti government protesters in Iran were using Galai’s picture as part of a mute but vociferous message dangerous to utter aloud which was supposed to portray suffering and rage. I believe that Kadish was really offended by this because Galai is jewish, from Jerusalem, and happens to be the grandson of survivors of the Holocaust. Galai didn’t really seem to be as phased by this use of his picture for he emailed the protesters and said that their work was cool and did not inform them that he was a Jew. The context that Galai thought was most significant was National Geographic’s use of his work because this made his photography business grow and when people ask for his business card he gives it to them and more readily identifies himself as a photographer and an artist. He also started a small sideline selling Scream products after the National Geographic launched his name.

4. Galai responded to the various uses of his image in a calm manner in such a sense that he wasn’t phased by any of it, nothing bothered him because people weren’t able to identify him from this picture. If this was me in his situation, I would have never acted in the same way. I would probably have freaked out and would have wanted to move away. I would have been really anxious that people everywhere were using a picture of me for advertising and other various things without my consent or knowledge. I would have been stressed all the time and I probably would feel really self conscious and violated – people would be using a picture of my face for various things, even anti government protesting.
    5. Kadish’s response is more ambivalent that her cousin’s, she had many mixed feelings about the use of Galai’s picture. The phenomenon means a violation of privacy to her she said, “If your face isn’t private property, what is?” Especially the fact that none of the people who used her cousin’s picture asked for his permission. However, at the same time Kadish kept bringing up the various things that Noam was doing and how he was finally communicating with the world so she was very proud of him for this. Out of Kadish’s interpretations, the one that is more like my own would probably be a mixture of both because I would definitely be happy for my family member that they are finally not shy enough to interact with the world, but I would also be cautious about the fact that their picture is being used around the world for various different things and this is indeed a scary thing.

5. 1. By calling Galai, Noam, by his first name it gives the story more of a personal outlook. Kadish has made this a personal narrative toned piece because she is telling the story of her cousin, Noam, transformation of when he was a shy young child to when his image because world wide and made him less shy. Kadish’s tone influences me, as a reader, to see how Noam was as a child and see how he transformed by his single Internet post. This piece goes to show how quickly something can spread on the Internet without even being aware.

2. National Geographic was the only publication that paid Norm Galai to use his image in their special issue that was printed right before the U.S elections called, “power to the people.” Kadish is making a point that if people want to use someone else’s photo then the photographer needs to be aware and they need to be given credit for the photo. Kadish also makes a point that this photo was very meaningful and deep because the National Geographic wanted the photo for a special issue of their magazine.

3. The meaning of the image changes with context because people from around the world saw and interpreted the image in a different way and applied the image in different ways. The context that Kadish thinks is most significant is when the image was used in the anti government protesters in Iran. Galai doesn’t think that any particular context is more significant than another; he seems content that people are enjoying his photo and are finding their own meaning to his photo.

4. Galai has responded well to the various uses of his images. He is not mad, upset or irritated by the fact that so many people are using his image. The only thing that maddened him was when people sold his image in t-shirts and making a profit without him knowing. He has embraced the fact that people see his image in a numerous of different ways and has even made a Facebook page for people to share how they have found his image relevant to their lives. I probably would have reacted similarly to how Galai reacted. If people used my photo that I posted on my own will I would feel proud that I have a photo that moved so many people and have affected, positively, so many lives. Although, I would want more credit for my photo more that Galai asked for.

5. To Kadish this phenomenon of her cousin’s photo makes her believe that nothing is private because she says, “If you face isn’t private property, what is?” (Kadish 262). Kadish seems very bothered that her cousin is fine with people using his photo and altering it to their liking. She might not like how her cousin lost his privacy because his face is plastered all around the world, but she thinks that he found a way to affect a lot of people and make a difference. Her interpretation that her cousin was able to affect so many people without giving a name is more like my own because I am a quiet person, and I myself don’t like to give my name out or be reveled, but I do want to make a difference in peoples lives.

6. 1. The writer addresses her cousin by his first name, Noam, because it makes it easier to identify who she is talking about. If she were to just say ‘my cousin’ then we would know she was talking about her cousin, but it wouldn’t be nearly as personable. Since she says at the beginning of her passage that “we have probably seen him scream” that makes us wonder who it might be that we have seen scream. The name allows to identify who she is talking about. Noam grew up being a shy individual, but when he noticed how something as small as a single internet post could get him to be noticed, he started to break out of his shell. This experience showed not only him, but others how fast information can spread on the Internet.

2. National Geographic’s theme was “power to the people”. The meaning behind them using his piece shows how something so small can make such a large difference in so many people’s lives and can mean different things to every person who may read it.

3. The meaning of the picture changes throughout the context. This picture has been used in many different instances where it has been used for multiple different reasons. I could be used as an advertisement or even solely for entertainment. Since it has been used for so many different things it shows that it has many different intentions with what it may or may not be portraying.

4. Galai’s response was surprised, but intrigued all at the same time. It shows that he is confused about how something so small could get him to be known world wide, but he is also intrigued by the fact that he has never been the type of person who would go out of their way to be known, but now that he is known he likes that fact that he is known and he comes out of his shell.

5. Kadish’s response proves that Galai has now found a way to show the world who he really is, but not through voice. Just through photos of himself, which give him a voice. He finds that this can be his form of communication with the world from here on out.

7. 2.The effect created by calling Galai by his first name is that it makes Noam’s story more personal. Kadish who was writing the story made Noam more knowledgeable of his experiences. His picture went international without him been knowing. He even spoke up to people about using that picture even if it was through Flickr. As Kaddish mentioned throughout the story he was very shy and kept to himself. She gives his and her perceptions of the story with his personality mixed into it, which gives the readers a more sentimental meaning if the piece.

2.National Geographic used his picture for there issue of “Power to the People.” This was the only time he was ever paid for his picture. This was used to show that Americans are trying to speak their minds about the election for that year, but they weren’t being heard. The most important point Kadish brings about that is National Geographic was the only one who bothered asking and paying Noam for his picture. And acknowledging him for who he was and that he is a person in that picture. Unlike the others just copying it and using it. 

3.The picture’s meaning changed with context throughout the story. First just being used because it looked cool by Noam. Then, it was being used at concerts, skateboards, playing cards, and graffiti. The most important context change though Kadish brought up was the picture being used for anti-government graffiti in Iran. Noam enjoyed seeing people use his picture with new findings of its true meaning. He even used his picture for his own personal records of his photography, where soon his sports events photo shoots, became celebrity photo shoots.

4.Noam responds to his image being used so much in a positive way. He embraced how it was used by starting a Facebook album of all the different portraits made by different people, with his face in it. I believe I would respond very similarly to how Noam responded to his picture being used international. Only thing I would be different about is trying to take more credit for my picture since my face is in it.

5. Kadish’s responds to this phenomenon as a since of relief. That Galai came out of his shell a little bit. He gained something out of everyone using his picture, even if he wasn’t recognized for it. She didn’t however like the lost of privacy he had to give up in order for the ways his pictures was used. I believe that her interpretations are like my own. He liked how people could change the way his imaged looked, ways he couldn’t think of.

8. 1. Kadish calls her cousin by his first name, Noam, to add a more personal feel and allows the reader to connect to this story. This is a personal essay to explain an instance of when Noam’s privacy was breached, when his photograph was used without his permission. It was influenced by emotion and showed how a bad scenario could have a positive ending.

2. The National Geographic publication that used Galai’s photo was entitled, “Power to the People”. I think this was a sophisticated example of an instance when Noam’s photo was being used, because they actually paid for it. It was during the election season and I think Kadish was trying to make a point that you need to stand up for you rights and that includes privacy.

3. The image changes drastically from a deck of cards to an Iranian protest poster, it all depends on how certain people interpret the picture. Kadish thinks that the most significant context deals with the irony of how a Jewish mans face is on Iranian protest posters. Galai didn’t seem to angry about the fact is picture was plastered internationally, as long as the image wasn’t completely altered.

4.Galai responded by creating a Facebook album for all the instances in which people have used his picture. He doesn’t mind the fact that it has inspired other artist and actually feels like it is a compliment. However, he doesn’t approve of the fact that people are using his image to make money and he isn’t receiving any of the profits. I probably would not have responded the same. I would be angry that people stole my work without permission. I like my pictures to be private, but then again I’m not an artist who wants people to see my work.

5. Kadish feels like this is an invasion of her cousins privacy. He shouldn’t be okay with other people using his image. I think she is using this essay to warn others that the same thing could be happening to them without their knowledge.
    Nothing is safe when you post it on the internet. However, throught it all Noam has in a sense created a voice for himself that he has never had.

9. 1.) By using his first name in the writing it gives the writing and the person who’s being talked about a more connected view. it also makes the writing seem for informal. The tone of the writing is to the point, it talks about how Noam’s picture went global without his permission an knowing.

2.) Power to the people was the theme of national geographic, They were the only one to pay Noam for his picture, this makes the point that people shouldn’t steal other peoples work unless they are willing to pay and give credit to the owner of the work. Its plagiarism and it makes national geographic look better and makes you think about the “what if” senario of Noam.

3.) Many different people from different cultures were using Noam’s picture, they all were used for different meanings from protesting to rock concert posters. The topic that was mostly talked about was the use for protesting. I think it is cool that Noam doesn’t care that his picture is being used so many ways I think that he likes to see people take his work and alter it a little bit to make it mean something totally different.

4.) Noam seems to not care about the many uses of his photo, I think I wouldn’t mind either because if someone can take my idea and turn it around to mean something else, it would tell me that my idea makes people excited and able to work with what I got. The only issue I would have is if people were making a profit off of my idea with out my knowledge.

5.) Kadish is happy that her cousin finally taken a step out of his very small comfort zone and has found a way to express his feelings with a way that doesn’t make him a center of attention. By this i mean he can take a photo and express his feelings and people can see and do what they want to the photo to express how they feel. I think he needs a little more credit but that may not be a care for Noam. I am similar to Noam because I don’t like being the attention for long periods of time. I prefer to do something simple and wow people or keep people thinking about me with out me having to continuously being the center of attention.

10. 1. The effect of calling Galai by his first name, Noam, is that he is more relatable. Being on a first name basis is a lot less formal and more intimate. I would say that Kabish is very proud of her cousin and the tone of the piece is quite confident and ironic because Galai is a shy young adult and he produces such a strong voice interpreted in many different ways with this one image. The article shows that the image of Galai is a statement piece and that it has a diverse meaning depending on who is interpreting it.

2. The theme of the special issue was “power to the people” printed before the U.S elections. The point that Kadish was making by telling the readers about it was to show how varied the meaning behind and the use of the portrait was among many people.

3. The meaning of the image changes with context by the different places it is seen and b by the different people interpreting it. The image is seen as graffiti in various cities, on skateboards, playing cards, magazine covers and even the face of a protest. The context that Kadish thinks is the most significant was that Iranian protesters used his face and the face of their protest. Galai, a Jew from Israeli, was the face of Iranian protest. Galai also found that very significant and in fact contacted some of the protesters. He was also just happy with the diversity and the use of his image.

4. Galai was amazed by the various uses of his image. He enjoyed seeing how people interpreted his work and how they manipulated it to fit with their interpretation. He even contacted some people who used his image as the face of their protest and created a Facebook page showcasing the different contexts of the portrait. I, similarly to Galai, would be amazed and interested in the various uses of my image too. It would be cool to see that something I thought just looked cool or had a significant meaning could be interpreted in so many different ways with various meanings to so many people, influencing them.

5. Kaish’s response is more ambivalent than her cousin’s because she sees that “there’s something glorious and terrible about a world in which a picture of one’s face can sweep around the globe this way” (Kadish 262). She thinks that is very cool and exciting that her cousin’s face is being used for so many different things and is so well known; he has gained fans and business. But Kadish sees that there is a loss in privacy and mystery due to your face popping up on screens all over the world, and soon your face doesn’t belong to yourself anymore. I do agree that it is rather uncomforting to see that his face was used and traveled the world without him knowing for some time.

11. 1. By calling Galai by his first name, Kadish had the effect of humanizing him and making him more relatable to the reader. The tone is reflective, making the reader think about how Noam grew up and how his personality shaped his responses to his work being used around the world without his knowledge.

2. The theme of the special issue of National Geographic was “Power to the People.” The point Kadish was making by telling the readers about it was to show that the meaning behind it and the use of the portrait varied among many people and that the picture was also used professionally and not just stolen.

3. The meaning of the image changes with context as various people from all over the world and of varying cultures interpreted the image differently than others of different cultures. Kadish thinks the protestors use was the most significant. She dedicated a large portion of the essay to talk about the protestors use. Galai enjoyed that people drew meaning from his work and how it was interpreted differently.

4. Galai was upset that people used his image without his knowledge, but overall loved how people have interpreted it in so many different ways. I would probably respond similarly to Galai. I would be upset that people used my image without my permission but would also be happy that so many other people found meaning in my image.

5. The phenomenon is a way her cousin can share his thoughts and ideas with everyone because he is so shy and doesn’t talk to others much. Kadish enjoys that her cousin has come out of his shell a little bit to share his work.

12. 1) When Kadish introduced Galai by his first name, Noam, she made him seem like he was close in relation to her. Galai is her cousin, so she wanted to make it clear to the reader that this writing was a personal piece to her. I think that the tone of this piece was pretty laid-back, yet it still grabbed the reader’s attention; it also had a personal tone to it because Kadish made the piece almost sound like a reflection on her observations and experiences with her cousin.
    2) The theme of National Geographic’s issue was “power to the people.” I believe that Kadish’s point in using this piece of information in her writing says it all in the title. She wanted everyone to know that even National Geographic thought that the image of Noam “screaming” (yawning) was spectacular. They realized what the story was behind the image and what type of person that Galai is, so they decided to base an entire issue on Noam’s picture. They wanted to show the readers that images, words, and actions can all be taken in differently by people; its in our nature to interpret things in various ways, and by using Noam’s picture as an example, they proved their point.
    3) Like I said before, the image of Noam screaming has been interpreted thousands of different ways. Kadish set up her writing in a way that she could explain all kinds of different examples of this, however she made sure that the readers were focused on the antigovernment protestors in Iran by dedicating about two pages in her writing to strictly the Iranian protestors. I think that Galai was more focused on his publicity; however, not in a self-centered way. Kadish said that Noam felt as if he was unchanged by his face being plastered all over the world, but he has gained more friends on Facebook who are interested in seeing his posts of images. Just by using Facebook, Noam has expanded his photography, which allows people to see the world from his point of view.
    4) Galai is a very modest person. I don’t think that he realizes completely how popular his image is just because he is shy and doesn’t grasp the idea that the world is so large. Even his response to his image being publicized was modest–he said that he simply took the spreading of the image as a compliment, and doesn’t worry about not having his privacy. He also didn’t ask the users to share any of their profits with him, he didn’t care. I think that I would want a little profit if that were me. I would want to know that people were using my image, first of all, and by receiving profit from the image, I believe that I would know most of the time when my image was being used. I also think that I would probably get offended if people used my image because people can use it in so many ways. I wouldn’t want my face plastered on a billboard with a negative message on it.
    5) I think that the phenomenon baffled Kadish. She couldn’t wrap her mind around the fact that her almost un-noticed cousin was now the face for protest, rock concerts, and graffiti; when in fact, her cousin was this quiet person who “still speaks in brief sentences more often than in paragraphs,” as Kadish stated in her writing. I think that her interpretation about Galai not caring how huge his image has become is close to mine.

13. 1. The author does this to make it more personal. She is telling a story about this her own cousin who she has known her entire life. This makes it seem more real, that this could happen to anyone we know. Her tone is somewhat pensive. She explains the story and questions what this means about society. This makes us as readers’ think too, why has this man’s picture gone viral and what does this say about our society?
    2. The theme of their special issue was “power of the people”. The author finds this ironic because in the next sentence she states “the use of Noam’s self portrait has gone out of his control “.
    3. The meaning of the image can change from country to country, place to place. The location and purpose can completely alter what the face is used for, from religion to decoration and everything in between. Kadish thinks that the Iranian resistance movement is the most significant because it is directly helping these people. She quotes “there’s something about it that implies that this scream is going to end”. She loves that these protestor’s voices can be heard through this face. Galai I think really loves it all because he repeatedly states that he wants people to see his art and use it. He takes this as a compliment; so seeing any use of his photo is significant to him.
    4. Galai has responded very positively to the use of his face. This is surprising to me because of his shyness explained at the beginning of the text. He said he wants people to see it and choose a way to use it. I think I would respond similarly. I would love the fact that people like my art but would not have my life taken away by it. Like he said, no one has yet to recognize him on the streets.
    5. This phenomenon presents a contradiction to her. She cannot decide if all of this is a good or bad thing. She quotes “there is something glorious and terrible about a world in which a picture of one’s face can sweep around the globe this way, part of a human chorus changing us for better and worse”. She cannot quite tell if this is erasing our privacy negatively or spreading goodness positively. I would say her interpretation of the positveness is more like my own. This art has helped people overcome obstacles and has done no harm to Galai. Why not embrace this?

14. 1. Kadish introduces Galai by his first name for a few reasons. Firstly, they are cousins and because she knows him personally, she wants to show this. She wants to make him personable because that is how she sees him. She wants to humanize and identify him as a person she knows very well and by using the first name we as readers see that their must be a closer relationship between Kadish and Galai.
    2. The image and theme portrayed in the “National Georgraphic” issue with Galai’s photo was political. It brought to attention “power of the people” and wanted to express the different views of people. The interesting thing to me was hearing that Nat. Geographic was the only one to pay Galai for his image. Why was this? How did they even know that it was his photo?
    3. The image taken by Galai changed a lot in the context. Different people stole his yawning image and incorporated it into clothing, band adds and memorabilia, political posters, cards, and graffiti. The image changed from a simple photograph, to a piece of art, to a screaming person, and a political view.
    4. Galai definitely responded in a completely different way I would have responded. He was not okay with seeing people take his image and selling it for profit, not necessarily because of the money aspect, but because it was his own face spreading rapidly around the world without his permission. If it were my piece being spread around the world without my permission I would be more concerned with not getting the credit rather than having my face spread everywhere. I would REALLY not like the fact that other people altered the image, just as Galai was also upset about.
    5. Kadish’s point of view is very abstract, she does not really take a side in the issue of the image spreading everywhere, but she identifies the two sides of the situation being a good thing or a terrible thing. Kadish says it herself that she does not know whether she believes that the spreading of the image erases privacy or spreading goodness. Her ‘lack of view’ opens many questions to whether it is or it isn’t a good thing that Galai’s photo went public.