Viva El Peru #2

One of the best experiences that I had on this trip was visiting Loraypo, the association of women weavers.  Learning how to weave was something that I have always wanted to do, but never really had the opportunity to do before.  I found it so interesting that these women can sit for 6-8 hours a day, and weave.  Many have little children, and it’s unfathomable to me that they can work with them strapped to their backs.  That is, to me, the true definition of a working mother.  I have a lot of respect and admiration for women of this culture.  I don’t necessarily think American women could work this way.  It’s amazing.  And the people here seem to be so happy just the same.  I really like Peru.  I loved being able to communicate with the people.  Even though my Spanish is at a basic level, I tried my best to communicate the best I could.  I definitely understood more than I could speak.  The language is so beautiful to listen to, and now that I have made friends in Peru, it motivates me to continue learning it until I have mastered the language.  I hope in the future that I will be able to return to Peru one day.

-Sam L.