Meet the UNE Orientation Intern Elyse Albrecht!!

Hi! My name is Elyse Albrecht and I have the extreme pleasure of serving as the UNE Orientation Graduate Intern this summer! I am 22 years old and originally from Charleston, SC. I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from Auburn University in 2011, and I am currently working towards receiving my Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration from Auburn as well. I decided to further my education and pursue a career in higher education, because I wanted assist students and provide them with the greatest opportunity for growth throughout their college experience. I believe that college is a time for individuals to learn about themselves and I would like to have the opportunity to help them do so.

I was selected to be the UNE Orientation Graduate Intern this summer and I could not be more ecstatic about the summer that lies ahead. The University of New England was always a clear choice throughout my internship application process. The friendly staff, incredible location and small campus environment was exactly what I was looking for and it was exactly what I got when I arrived at UNE.  Since arriving I have had the opportunity to connect with incredible staff and students who have been more than welcoming and accommodating. The small campus community makes you feel comfortable and right at home and I could not imagine spending my summer anywhere else. As a new student, I challenge you to explore the opportunities available to you at UNE. Although UNE is a close-knit, do not let yourself be fooled. There is a place for everyone to make their mark at UNE and I encourage you to begin at orientation!