Meet your OA’s

Meet your Orientation Advisors for the 2011-2012 Orientation!!

Amy Farinelli …..

• is a third Year Environmental Studies/Sociology major with a minor in Mathematics.
  • is from Auburn, NY.
  • is interested in tennis, bowling, reading, watching movies, and hanging out with friends!
  • “I love Orientation because it encourages new students to step out of their comfort zone, as well as helping them to make meaningful connections not only with their fellow incoming students but also with current students, faculty, and staff of the University. I also love how the Orientation Leader program helps current students to learn, transform, and grow into the knowledgeable and capable student leaders they were born to be.”
Jane Starke….
  • is a third year Elementary Education major.
  • is from Merrimack, NH
  • is interested in  traveling,  living in other cultures, being outdoors, discovering new places, and meeting new people.
  • “I love orientation because of the connections I have made with people. The orientation team has become my second family and I enjoying helping new students get adjusted to UNE!”
Meghan Stelmash…
  • is a third Year Athletic Training major.
  • is from Hudson, NH.
  • likes to ski, be with friends and family, do outdoor activities, and play sports.
  • “I love Orientation because it has allowed me to work with new students and help them fall in love with UNE!  I have met some truly amazing people through Orientation and I consider the Orientation team my family.  Being apart of Orientation helped me grow so much as a person and it has helped me get connected in so many ways.”

Nick Durand….
  • is a second year Nursing major.
  • is from Swansea, MA.
  • likes to play volleyball, read, listen to music, watch movies, act, and play tennis.
  • “I love Orientation because, I love UNE and I love meeting and helping new people. Orientation gives me the opportunity to meet/help new students love UNE as much as I do!”
Rachel Harris…
  • is a third year Applied Exercise Science major.
  • is from Westerville, Ohio.
  • likes to paint, do crafts with her roommates, go on walks outside, any outdoor activity, and spend time with friends and go on adventures with them.
  • “When I came for my orientation I felt really out of place. It was my first time to New England and I felt really alone. My Orientation/Trailblazer leader really got me out of my shell and is now one of my best friends. He really helped me make UNE my home away from home and gave me an example to go by now that I am a Trailblazer Guide. Having a TBO experience on top of orientation was also a great way to meet my class mates and figure out what my interests were. Now, having been a TBO guide for 2 years I see all the good that it does for incoming students and the connections that get made on our trips. The most rewarding part of my job is working with new students, giving them the awesome experience that I received as a first year, and then watching those students come back and want to be TBO guides themselves.”

Samantha Cash….
  • is a third year Marine Sciences major with a concentration in Marine Biology.
  • is from Lanko Harbor, NJ
  • is interested in marine animals, working at an aquarium and at the Marine Animal Rehabilitation Center, and spending time with friends and family.
  • “Orientation to me has taken on many roles. It started when I was an incoming first year and Orientation helped me feel more comfortable with the fact that I was going to be living away from home for about 9 months out of the year. It also helped me connect with students and faculty and eased my nerves about not knowing anyone come the fall. Then I became an Orientation Leader and Orientation took on a whole new role. I was the one helping students feel more connected to and comfortable with the University. I am excited to see what Orientation as an Orientation Advisor is going to be like for me. To sum it all up, I love Orientation because it is not rock solid; it is flexible and can be molded to fit the needs of the individual and mean so many different things to so many different people.”