Rock ‘n’ Roll

This section of our online magazine for the Post War Era has a theme of Rock ‘n’ Roll. The genre had a remarkable connection to the youth of the 1950s. Rock ‘n’ Roll is thought to be a factor causing teenagers to be seemingly more rebellious during this time.  My first shortie, “The Birth of Rock ‘n’ Roll”, is all about the origin of this type of music. It answers the basic questions associated with this popular musical style. The second shortie, “Dancing the Night Away”, discusses the school dances  many teens attended including the types of dances, fashion worn, and the socialization aspect of teenagers in the 1950s. I spoke to my grandmother and she was a very good source for this shortie. The third shortie, “Demin Jeans: All Day, Everyday”, talks about the originality and popularity of this article of clothing and how this type of clothing was related to the rebellious youth and Rock ‘n’ Roll. The feature, “The Rebellious Youth”, is all about how Rock ‘n’ Roll affected children’s lives.  I found these topics very interesting and I hope you will, too.

Feature: The Rebellious Youth

Shortie 1: “The Birth of Rock ‘n’ Roll”

Shortie 2: Dancing the Night Away

Shortie 3: Demin Jeans: All Day, Everyday 

Return to Teenage Wasteland Homepage: http://ericzuelow.com/Pages/TeenageWasteland.html